Skip to main content
Guildford Flames
our twitterour facebook page youtubeinstagram

February 22nd at Cardiff Devils - League

A Cardiff Devils goal late in the 2nd put them in front for good before a pair early in the final set helped lift the Welsh side to a 4-2 win over the visiting Flames.

Devils took a lead to the 1st break thanks to a Blair Riley strike at 16:40 just before a late Flames powerplay turned into a 5 on 3 chance when Stephen Dixon received a Major and game misconduct.  The visitors didn’t strike gold up a pair of men but did start the 2nd on the remainder of the extended limitless powerplay.

Just 46 seconds after re-start, they made the manpower difference count through Calle Ackered to level it at a goal apiece, but a 35th minute reply by Evan Mosey had Devils in a lead they would never give up.    

They started the 3rd as they finished the 2nd with a Gleason Fournier powerplay goal at 42:19 then a Joey Haddad follow up about 5 minutes later for the bigger lead that would not be erased fully by a last minute Kruise Reddick powerplay success.      

“We were beaten by the better team tonight, for sure,” admitted Paul Dixon.

“They had the puck proportionately more than we did, and they made it very difficult to get into the good spots to make more happen. On top of that they put well over 40 shots our way, and it is very difficult to be successful on nights like that.  They have a very solid club, and when they play like that there is not a lot of weakness to exploit.”

“We have another shot Sunday when Nottingham Panthers drop in on us, and we certainly are going to need a response from our guys if we are hoping to have any success against yet another very capable hockey club.”

Add to favorites

Guildford Spectrum
Parkway, Guildford
Surrey GU1 1UP

Tel: 01483 452244

Sportfact Ltd t/a Guildford Flames Ice Hockey Club registered in England number 2936656
Privacy Policy

Site Powered By
eDirectHost Website Builder

By continuing to use this site you agree to our Cookies Policy.